Z-Wave Water Alarm + Freeze Alarm Works with WaterCop Z-Wave Compatible Units
WaterCop Z-Wave Water and Freeze Alarm is wireless and battery powered: detects and uses your Z-Wave enabled network to alert you to water leaks and freezing pipes. Mount water freeze alarm unit where low temperatures can freeze and burst water pipes. Typically, significant damage is averted as the alarm sounds prior to significant damage. Note: the WaterCop actuator unit is NOT included: Purchase Separately. Also purchase the ball valves separately, they are not included. You must provide your own Z-Wave Network .
WaterCop Z-Wave Sensor Specifications:
- Audio alarm and Z-Wave network alerts
- Compatible with WaterCop Z-Wave automatic shut off valve
- Protects 24 hours a day
- Conserves water
- Power: One 3.6V 1/2AA 1200mAh Lithium Battery, ER14250J, LS14250 or equivalent
- Battery Life: 1 to 2 years with no alarms and default Z-Wave network settings
- Alerts low battery through Z-Wave network
- Frequency Range: 908.42MHz (US)
- Distance Range: Max 100 foot line of sight in unobstructed environment
- Product Size (LxWxD): 2.4x1.6x0.8 inches
- Product Weight: 0.2 pounds
- Operating Temperature: -10 degrees C (14F) to 70 degrees C (158F)
- Reported Temperature: Reported temperature is at the unit and has a 2 degrees C margin of error
- System Requirement: Any Z-Wave enabled network and controller
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited by Dynaquip Controls.
Z-Wave sensors are most effective at water damage prevention when properly used with a WaterCop Z–Wave automatic shut off system (sold separately). However, a WaterCop system that is not in a Z-Wave network will still alert you using the audio alarm.
WaterCop automatic water shut-off systems automatically shut off the water valve when a leak is detected by single probe or double probe moisture sensors. Effectively, the chance of water damage due to common plumbing problems is reduced.
Activate a WaterCop System by flood sensors, an optional remote switch, or many types of home security systems. Each WaterCop Z-Wave is capable of supporting multiple Water Alarm Sensors. For example, a WaterCop Z-Wave network can have up to 232 nodes. Additional sensors may be added at any time. Water Alarm Sensors should be placed in locations where leaks are most likely to occur.