Automatic propane and natural gas shut off system: responds to sensor at unit; remote sensors can be added near gas using appliances. Made in USA gas monitor with automatic safety shut off. At the unit, a gas monitor senses explosive gases like lp propane gas and natural gas. Scentry III-GFRAB gas alarm and gas valve controller (shut-off). Additional options include battery back-up, remote gas sensors and remote alarms Note: gas valve is not included. Battery option keeps pilot lights lit during intermittent power failures.12V output offers a phone dialer option (no dialer included) to alert owners of vacation homes, etc. when an unsafe condition occurs. Supports up to 5 remote sensors (purchase separately).
GFRAB stands for Gas sensor, Feet for mounting, Remote sensor capability, Alarm (internal, 90 db) and Battery back-up compatible.
The Safety First USA Gas Valve Controller (GFRAB) Operation:
Once an explosive gas is detected, this gas monitor sounds an alarm and can activate equipment to remove dangerous gas build up in a building. Ex. can activate a ventilation fan. Gas alarm and gas monitor have easily accessible terminal strips for fast and secure wire connections, backup battery charging, low battery detection and sensor failure alarm.
- Alarm sound at a 10% (LEL) lower explosive level. The alarm point of methane (natural gas) varies from unit to unit, but is near this 10% level.
- Two minutes of electrical power required for monitor operation.
- Green LED: power is on, no leak
- Red LED: alarm goes to a BEEP- BEEP mode, gas valve controller closes the gas valve to stop gas flow to protected appliances.
- To reset the unit, ventilate area to remove un-burned fuel and push red reset button.
The GFRAB model includes the gas sensor, mounting feet, remote ready, alarm and battery and gas valve shut-off/controller. NOTE: Must be used with a Scentry III gas valve (sold separately) or a compatible gas valve. Use with .5 inch, .75 inch or 1 inch compatible valves. Optional battery keeps a pilot light lit in case of power outage.
Each Scentry gas sensor is calibrated in a gaseous atmosphere: calibration sets the alarm to sound at 10% of the lower explosive level (LEL) of the combustible gas. This is not a carbon monoxide alarm as it has only a combustible gas alarm sensor.
Scentry III-GFRAB Automatic Gas Valve Shut Off Specifications:
- Composition: Gray ABS Plastic, 7.6 inches by 4.6 inches, 2.25 lbs. Manual reset button.
- Power consumption: 1.5va, Input power is 115VAC, 60 Hz, output control relays are 2 amps, 24VAC, screw terminals
- 3 Components Included with Scentry III GRAB : Gas Valve Controller for combustible gasses such as natural gas or propane gas, internal 24 volt transformer ., Gas Sensor: Tin Dioxide Semiconductor Type . Note: Must purchase gas safety valve, .5, .75 or 1 inch Scentry III GVD.
- Components Not Included But Supported by Scentry III GRAB: up to 4 additional Scentry III calibrated remote propane/natural gas sensors. and a Scentry III battery back-up.
- Alarm Signal Output: 12V DC @500 m , Alarm Points: Propane (LP) <5200 PPM or Natural Gas / Methane <12,200 PPM ,
Manufactured: Proudly in the USA for Safety First USA, Inc.
- Warranty: 1 year from date of purchase by manufacturer.