Safety Siren Pro 3 HS71512 digital radon gas alarm
for home safety:
know radon gas levels
that fluctuate throughout the year. Radon gas causes lung cancer
. Plug in. 48 hours later, the first radon level
displays. Know if your house needs radon mitigation
. This electronic radon monitor
is the only EPA evaluated radon gas alarm
, the Safety Siren Pro 3 Electronic Radon Gas Detector
HS71512 from Family Safety Products.
USA EPA Evaluated.
Not for sale to residents of the State of Iowa nor for shipment to Iowa residents per Iowa Department of Public Health Rules, Chapters 43 (136B). Please contact the Iowa Department of Public Health for further information.(515) 281-7689. Numeric LED radon gas detection level display range:
.1 to 999.9 in pCi/L. Short and long term readings. Short-term readings:
7 day radon average. Long-term readings:
radon averages since powered-up or last reset. 5-year maximum. Audible alarm
if short or long-term radon gas averages are 4 pCi/L or greater. Continuously samples air .
Display updates hourly.
Failsafe self test:
every 24 hours. Error code displays if test fails. 4 function menu button :
Green LED illuminates next to S (short-term) or L (long-term) display.User can manually test detector
operation.Button to mute or reactivate audible alarm when unit is in alarm state . Begin new test: clear and reset radon monitor memory. Audible alarm signals if :
Long term radon level is 4 pCi/L or greater. Short term radon level is above 4 pCi/L for 30 consecutive days. 10 ft. power cord
for radon detector placement away from walls, windows and doors. Family Safety Products Safety Siren Pro 3 Digital Radon Alarm Specifications:
Note: current EPA recommended indoor radon readings are below 2 pci/L. " Because there is no known safe level of exposure to radon, EPA also
recommends that Americans consider fixing their home for radon levels
between 2 pCi/L and 4 pCi/L. The average radon concentration in the
indoor air of America's homes is about 1.3 pCi/L. It is upon this level
that EPA based its estimate of 21,000 radon-related lung cancers a year
upon. It is for this simple reason that EPA recommends that Americans
consider fixing their homes when the radon level is between 2 pCi/L and 4
pCi/L. The average concentration of radon in outdoor air is .4 pCi/L or
1/10 th of EPA's 4 pCi/L action level. " from the EPA website.
- Sensor: Ionization chamber
- Full scale reading: 999.9 pCi/L
- Short term: Average radon levels over past 7 days.
- Long term: Average radon reading from last reset or initial power up, maximum 5 years sampling. Automatic reset after 5 years.
- Audible Alarm: 85db at 10cm. Beeps hourly if short or long term radon levels are 4pCi/L or greater. May be muted by user.
- Accuracy: +/- 20% pCi/L
- Displays Reads to 10th, No Rounding Up: Example. 4.20 pCi/L, not 5.0.
- Averaging Frequency: Hourly.
- Continuous Monitoring : Hourly Display Updates.
- Lock Tab: Insert center outlet screw through tab for tamper resistance.
- Operating Environment: 0° C (32° F) to 70°C (158° F)
- Storage Environment: -20° C (-4° F) to 85° C (185° F)
- Dimensions: 4.7" x 3.1" x 2.1"
- Input: 120v AC/60Hz at 9 Watts
- Output: 18v DC/200mA
- Sensor Voltage: 250VDC
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Final accuracy test for each Safety Siren Pro 3 radon detector is comparison against a professional SUN Nuclear radon testing unit.
- Notes: The Pro 3 radon monitor requires 48 hours sampling time before first accurate reading displays. Always clear the memory before beginning a new radon measurement in another room or level of your home or building. If you plan to compare against a radon canister test, clear the memory and begin and end the tests at exactly the same time.
- Evaluated by US EPA: Meets performance criteria for the continuous radon protocol.
- Warranty: One year limited manufacturer's.
- If the customer deems the device defective, it must be returned to the Manufacturer, and undergo testing. Upon the results of testing; if the device is defective it will be replaced at no charge to the customer. If the device in not defective a $35.00 testing fee may apply.
This Safety Siren 3 Radon Gas Alarm is a so called "closed type" or "filtered" detector, i.e only radon gas from ambient air is detected regardless of the amount of radon progeny that may be present.
As seen on TV
, this continuous digital radon gas monitor
displays from 0.0 pci/L to 999.9 pci/L. This is not a single use radon tester detection kit. Indoor air quality
about radon gas is updated hourly with this radon gas monitoring
device. Important Notes: The Safety Siren Pro 3 cannot be sold to nor shipped to Iowa. Contact the Iowa Department of Public Health for further information. Per
Iowa Department of Public Health rules, Chapters 43 (136B) and N.J.A.C.
View short term radon levels and long term averages on a digital display.The Safety Siren Pro 3 electronic radon monitor gives its first radon reading after 48 hours of radon gas sampling.
Radon gas comes from uranium breaking down in soil. Continuous home radon monitoring is recommended in high radon areas or when radon mitigation systems are used. Radon gas levels change according to humidity and season. See "Radon Facts"
below the radon monitor information.