Propane and CO Alarm Includes Gas Valve to Replace CCI-7719 W/Relay Shut-Off
White 12V recreational vehicle combination carbon monoxide and gas alarm with solenoid relay and .25 inch (1/4 inch) UL approved gas valve with threaded adapter for 3/8 inch lines. Detects propane gas , natural gas and carbon monoxide gas . Pre-Tell and Pre-Tell 2 replacement unit for failed CCI Controls units. The Safe-T-Alert 70-742 in White is a recess mounted unit with relay that shuts off the gas valve (included) when raw gas is detected.. Will
replace CCI-7719 unit but MUST be used with the Safe-T-Alert valve to
avoid a fire. Note, you must replace the entire kit if the gas monitor
fails.This gas monitor has 4 wires.
Made in USA . Other explosive gases detected by the gas sensor but not UL tested include acetone, alcohol, butane and gasoline, all of which you may have in your RV. Carbon monoxide sensor is very sensitive to CO gas: won't react to most other gases.
CCI Controls went out of business in 2009. Safe-T-Alert 70-742 units
with relays and UL approved gas valves are approved replacement units for these CCI mode ls: CC-7719.04,
CC-7719.58 and CC-7719.70. These are all surface mounted units
Notes about this Dual Gas and Carbon Monoxide Alarm:
Dual Propane/LP and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Features Include:
- This alarm will not work without power.
- The alarm only will indicate the presence of gas at the sensor.
- This alarm is intended for us in RV's in inside locations and is not designed for compliance with industrial and commercial applications.
- The alarm may not be heard if located in remote locations, behind closed doors or by persons who are hard of hearing, have consumed alcoholic beverages or prescription or other drugs.
Meets 1/1/05 requirements set by RVIA for new RV's requiring both Propane detectors and CO alarms.
Also detects Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)/Methane.
Operational Temperature: -40 degrees F to +150 degrees F.
- Relative Humidity: 15 per cent to 95 per cent
- Audible Output: 85dB at 10 feet
- Gas Alarm Trigger: Less than 25 percent of the lower explosive level of propane and methane.
- Gas Level Confirmation: 8 Seconds.
- CO Alarm Trigger: Less than 15 minutes at 400 parts per million.
Test/Reset Button - Tests all detector functions with one touch. Resets and Mutes alarm while safety and corrective actions are taken.
Alarm is fully operational during mute cycle and will re-alarm if hazardous conditions reoccur.
- Two Indicator Lights: Red CO LED flashes with 4 beeps and 5 seconds silence if CO level is over 70 ppm. Red Gas LED flashes and alarm sounds steady tone when dangerous propane or natural gas level is detected.
- RV 12 Volt Hard Wired Model. Prevents accidental disconnection during alarm.
- Also detec ts compres sed natural gas .
a 1/4 inch gas valve with an threaded adapter for 3/8 inch lines.
Replace current valve with this solenoid unit to prevent fires.
Built for the extreme RV environment.
One Year Limited Warranty.
70 Series Operating Specifications:
UL Listing Propane/Natural Gas - UL 1484 RV Gas Detectors.
UL Listing Carbon Monoxide UL 2034 RV Carbon Monoxide Alarms.
ULC Listing & CSA 6.19-01.
Power Supply and Current Draw 12 vDC 132 mA. Relay 12 vDC - 3 amp is included.
Operational Voltage: 12 Volt +/- 15%.
Low voltage power warning alarm @ 7 volts
Front Case Dimensions: 70-742 - 6.375"W x 3.5"H x 1.385"D
Patent Number: US 7,248,156 B2
Colors: White , Almond, Black or Brown.
- Recessed Case Dimensions: approximately 1.5 inches deep x 5 inches long by 3 inches wide.
- Exterior Size of Case: 6 inches by 3.5 inches with two screw holes on ends of 6 inch dimension.
LP Gas Detectors are required on RVs . . .
ANSI A119.2 - Fire & Life Safety
3-4.8 LP Gas Detectors
"An LP gas detector must be installed in any RV that contains an LP gas appliance and an electrical system. The LP gas detector must be listed as suitable for use in recreational vehicles under the requirements of UL 1484 Residential Gas Detectors, and be installed according to the terms of its listing.
RVIA Effective Date 9/96, Revised 9/99."
CARBON MONOXIDE & PROPANE ALARM REPLACEMENT NOTICE : Note to Customers:
All Safe-T-Alert Propane and Carbon Monoxide Alarms that are 5 years old and older are beyond their Mandatory Replacement Time and MUST be replaced.
Laboratories (UL®) Carbon Monoxide Standard UL 2034 and Canadian
Standards Association (CSA®) CSA 119.2 now require that all Carbon Monoxide alarms be designed to stop service in 3 to 5 years . UL and CSA
have determined that Carbon Monoxide alarms have a limited life. Propane
alarms use similar sensors and UL will require the same service life in
the near future.
ALL MTI Propane and Carbon Monoxide alarms which are over five (5)
years old MUST be replaced. The following Safe-T-Alert Carbon Monoxide
Alarm Models MUST be replaced: SA-4, SA-5, 50-541 and 50-542. Models
60-541 and 60-542 over five (5) years old MUST be replaced.The following
Safe-T-Alert Propane Alarms Models MUST be replaced: SA-7 and SA-8.
Models 30-441,30-442, 40-441 and 40-442 that are over five (5) years old
MUST be replaced.
Important! Only install CO and Propane alarms that are UL or CSA listed for Recreational Vehicle Use