This is a package of 4 Safe Home™ Duo furnace filters
for both allergens and volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde
and paint fumes. The 20 inch by 14 inch by 1 inch premium furnace filters are disposable air purifier filters
by Safe Home. For clean air
, replace the furnace filter at least every 3 months. Note: Check with your HVAC technician to verify that your system is able enough to handle the density of a MERV 8 filter before purchasing this or any other MERV 8 filter. Install this MERV 8 with Air Flow First Going through the White Media. Made in USA.
The Safe Home ™ Duo air purifier furnace filter
is different from standard filters because the metal frame is internal, within the twin filter elements.
This means a better seal whether you use in a cold air return grille
or in your HVAC system. Each filter has a purpose: the MERV 8 white polyester pre-filter
captures allergens while the black 50/50 potassium permanganate and activated carbon filter removes odors and harmful chemicals.
The Duo's superior design has self sealing edges to maximize its effectiveness at capturing allergens, odors, and chemicals from the air in your house. Use for one inch furnace filter slots, temporary needs, or custom sizes in air return grills. The Duo replaces any 1" thick home air filter in any location and can last up to 3 months. How does the Duo work?
- The polyester outer layer removes pollen, mold spores, and other common allergens. The inner layer features FormaldaSorb™ and activated carbon that traps a variety of odors and hazardous gasses, such as formaldehyde, ammonia, and others that are emitted by cleaning chemicals, paint, particle board, and other household items. No other filters are as effective at removing dust mites, mold spores, pollen, odors, cleaning chemicals, ozone, paint fumes, and common gasses like formaldehyde which triggers asthma and allergies. Safe Home Duo Furnace Filter 4 Pack Features:
- Dimensions: 14" x 20" x 1"
- Captures up to 95% of common household allergens
- Eliminates odors from pets, paint, cooking, and more
- Uses high density carbon and advanced compounds
- FormaldaSorb™, a patented potassium permanganate product plus the activated carbon in the second layer of the filter trap gasses that can cause health issues.
Highly effective and affordable.
Twin filter pad: MERV 8 polyester white ASHRAE rated allergen filter plus an industrial chemical and odor filter, i.e. the activated carbon filter pad.
- Made in USA.
Safe Home Duo One Inch Thick Filter Installation:
- Determine direction of air flow through your furnace.
- Fold excess filter media around internal steel frame.
- Slide Duo Furnace Filter into the one inch slot so air goes first through the white pre-filter.
- Tuck in any excess so you can place cover, if any, over the end of the filter slot. Note: excess material helps seal edges to force all air through the filter.
- Change the Duo air filter at least every 3 months. Some conditions that feature pets, construction work, painting or smoking may produce more pollutants and require more frequent changes.
Note: This furnace filter is not a control device for radon, carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide.
Limited Warranty: Free of manufacturing and material defects. If product is found defective within 30 days of purchase, it will be replaced at no additional charge.
The white side of the filter should face incoming air. In most systems, the white side should face away from the air handler or furnace equipment. Air should enter the white side, which traps allergens, and exit through the dark side, which traps gases and odors.
Product is not packaged for sale outside of the United States. Please measure carefully or choose a filter size identical to the one in your furnace. Units that are removed from wrappings are not returnable.