Choose this bulk pack of 12 white John Sterling Window Security, Child Safety Window Guards
for window protection
of up to 30 inches high and from 24 to 42 inches wide. Each basic fixed mount window guard
has white steel bars, 8 total per guard. Use for Non-Sleeping room windows
to meet the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs codes. Off-white painted steel, each John Sterling BK-1136
can protect one window by stacking the guards
side by side or one above the other. There are 3 window guards in each box: a total of 12 guards in 4 boxes that each weigh 35 pounds.
Choose this BK-1130
Series Child Safety Window Guard package
to use in non-sleeping areas where window security and/or child safety are important. To convert these window guards to egress
or escape window guards that can be opened, purchase locking channels, safety release pins and/or mounting screws. You can protect windows
that move from side to side (sliders) or use for window security
for windows that wind open (casements) or move up and down to open (double hung or single hung windows).
Made in USA, home security
and child proofing
are increased by installing these window bar units either fixed i.e. non-opening or with or without locking channels that accept safety lock pins or padlocks. NOTE: Check with your local building inspection department for window guard requirements for your locality.
New Jersey Law now requires that the window guard covers the entire
lower half of a double hung or single hung window, from the top of the
sill to the bottom half of the upper sash, with less than a 4 inch gap
above and below the guard. BK-1130 series fixed mount window
security guards are only for rooms where no one sleeps, i.e do not install in bedrooms or windows opening on fire escapes.
John Sterling window guards have
solid steel bars to add security to any window. For baby and child
safety, install window guards on any window more than 12 feet above
ground level, windows 2nd through 6th story, or at any level where a
child could fall or climb through an open window. Window screens are
not strong enough to keep children safe from window falls. Check local
city codes prior to help you select the proper type of window guards to
protect your children. John Sterling Security and Child Safety Window Guard 1130 Series Fixed Mount Window Guard Features:
and Window Security Guards when properly installed will tend to
discourage illegal intruders. But no protection is absolute. With
enough time and tools a determined criminal can defeat any barrier. Installation Requirements
- Window Type to Protect: Double hung, sliders or casement windows.
- Window Locations: Non-sleeping rooms.
- Bar Spacing: 3.5 inches. Exceeds 4 inch recommended safety standard for child window bars.
- Bar Diameter: 5/16th Inch.
- Mounting Options: Horizontal or vertical installations.
- Stackable: Fit units side by side or vertical stack to fit window width or height.
- Standard Color: Off White. Black is available.
- Construction: Steel window guards
- Strength Test: Tested to withstand 150 lb. force at maximum extended width.
- Operational Type: Fixed mount window guards are NOT removable from window.
- Manufacturer: John Sterling Corporation, Richmond IL.
- Made in USA.
- Manufacturers Limited Warranty :
Replacement of any part found defective in material or workmanship.
Warranty is limited strictly to replacement of the defective part and
does not cover any other expenses which may arise in the use or
replacement of such part.
- Mounting Options: Recessed or Surface
Mount. Surface Mount burglar bar installation is easier as screws are
easier to drive and less accessible to intruders on the outside.
- Tamper Resistant: Option to drill out the Phillips cross slots in each screw to make tamper resistant.
Options: Double Hung, Sliders or Casement windows only. Mount security
bars over both upper and lower window sashes or over lower sash only as
- Note: This is a bulk package of 12 white steel window guards for permanent installation in non-sleeping rooms.
- Install only in solid, non-rotting window tracks. Expand Guard to fit tightly into outside window track.
support Guard in level position NO MORE THAN 4 inches from sill to
upper half of bottom bar. Mark location of holes on each side. Remove
Guard and drill 5/32" diameter pilot holes 1 inch deep.
- Re-position Guard and mount with #10 one way screws (included.)
the inner window NO MORE THAN 4 inches above the lower half of the top
bar. Position "L" shaped stops so as to limit the opening above the
Window Guard to a maximum of 4 inches.