Note: No screws, no mounting brackets, no locking pin and no locking channel is included with this basic fixed window bar unit. What you get is a 4 bar window guard unit.
Brackets are not needed if you are mounting this into the window frame.This John Sterling BK-1134-S Basic Fixed Home Safety
and Home Security window guard has 4 steel bars, is 14 inches high and expands to fill openings from 14 to 24 inches wide or tall. This window bar unit meets the New Jersey Department of Community
Affairs, Division of Codes and Standards for non-sleeping areas. You
must have a vertical space of 14 3/16 inches to install this window:
security coverage is 12 1/2 inches.
Each white John Sterling
1134 Basic Fixed Mount Window Guards
is made for both child safety
and home security
for non-sleeping areas.
Removing any of the BK-1130 series Base Model window security guards
requires drilling out each screw. Note: the BK-1134-S window guard comes with no accessories. Purchase screws separately. Install vertically or horizontally according to your local building codes. The locking channel and safety release pin are available to convert this window guard to a swing open unit. Do NOT install this window guard if the window is in a sleeping room or provides access to a fire escape.
NOTE: Check with your local building inspection department for window guard requirements for your locality. NOTE:
New Jersey Law now requires that the window guard covers the entire
lower half of a double hung or single hung window, from the top of the
sill to the bottom half of the upper sash, with less than a 4 inch gap
above and below the guard. Choose BK-1130 series fixed mount window
security guards for Non-Sleeping Room Windows.
Good childproofing means installing window guards on any window more than 12 feet above
ground level, windows 2nd through 6th story, or at any level where a
child could fall or climb through an open window. Window screens are
not strong enough to keep children safe from window falls. Check local
city codes prior to purchase to help you select the proper type of window guards to
protect your children.
John Sterling Security and Child Safety Window Guard BK-1130 Series Fixed Mount Window Guard Features:
and Window Security Guards when properly installed will tend to
discourage illegal intruders. But no protection is absolute. With
enough time and tools a determined criminal can defeat any barrier. Installation Requirements
- Window Type to Protect: Double hung, sliders or casement windows.
- Window Locations: Non-sleeping rooms.
- Bar Spacing: 3.5 inches. Exceeds 4 inch recommended safety standard for child window bars.
- Bar Diameter: 5/16th Inch.
- Mounting Options: Horizontal or vertical installations.
- Stackable: Fit units side by side or vertical stack to fit window width or height.
- Standard Color: Off White.Powder-Coated.
- Construction: Steel window guards
- Strength Test: Tested to withstand 150 lb. force at maximum extended width.
- Operational Type: Fixed mount window guards are NOT removable from window.
- Manufacturer: Knape & Vogt, Michigan
- Made in USA.
- Manufacturers Limited Warranty :
Replacement of any part found defective in material or workmanship.
Warranty is limited strictly to replacement of the defective part and
does not cover any other expenses which may arise in the use or
replacement of such part.
- Mounting Options: Recessed or Surface
Mount. Surface Mount burglar bar installation is easier as screws are
easier to drive and less accessible to intruders on the outside.
- Tamper Resistant: Option to drill out the Phillips cross slots in each screw to make tamper resistant.
Options: Double Hung, Sliders or Casement windows only. Mount security
bars over both upper and lower window sashes or over lower sash only as
- Install only in solid, non-rotting window tracks. Expand Guard to fit tightly into outside window track.
support Guard in level position NO MORE THAN 4 inches from sill to
upper half of bottom bar. Mark location of holes on each side. Remove
Guard and drill 5/32" diameter pilot holes 1 inch deep.
- Re-position Guard and mount with #10 one way screws, 2.5 inches long. Note: screws are not included.
the inner window NO MORE THAN 4 inches above the lower half of the top
bar. Position "L" shaped stops so as to limit the opening above the
Window Guard to a maximum of 4 inches.