This package of 2 Guardian Angel Window Guards
will help you childproof your home from window
falls. Screens are not child safety products
: sturdy windowguards
are. These are five bar window guards
, escape or egress guards
, for use in multi-level homes, apartment buildings or homes where windows are close to the floor. Made in USA. This window guard is not a security guard. Window protection: 26 inches in a double or single hung window that is 35 to 58 inches wide.
Versatile, you can use this window guard alone or mixed with 3 bar, 4 bar or additional 5 bar guards to protect tall or wide window openings. Use for vertical sliders or casements or for double hung or single hung windows. Each window guard expands (telescopes) from 35 inches to 58 inches. Each 5 bar guard is 26 inches from bar 1 to bar 5. Stack if you need more than 26 inches of protection. Mix or match 3 bar, 4 bar and 5 bar window guards to meet your needs.
In an emergency, an adult or older child pushes button locks near the mounting bars to remove guards. Window guards remove easily from inside or outside a window.
Guardian Angel II window guards are made from strong, steel tubing powder coated with a durable, lead-free white paint. For baby and child safety, install window guards on any window more than 12 feet above ground level, windows 2nd through 6th story, or at any level where a child could fall or climb through an open window. Window screens are not strong enough to keep children safe from window falls.
Guardian Angel Window Guard Features:
How to measure for child safety window guards:
- Low-profile appearance.
- Guards telescope to fill the space and snaps into mounting bars
- Tested to withstand up to 150 pounds of pressure in locked position.
- Quick release buttons for fast window guard removal in emergencies. Guards have 4 emergency release buttons.
- No tools or excessive force are needed to remove Guardian Angel windowguards.
- Remove window guards from inside or outside the window.
- Bar spacing of 3 7/8" : exceeds 4" to 5" safety standards.
- Guard height (or width): 26".
- Side posts anchor with 2" sheet metal screws into solid stud or frame mats.
- Combinations of 3, 4 or 5 bar window guard units stack sideways or one above each other to protect openings of vertical windows like sliders and casements or higher horizontally opening windows.
- Conforms to American Society for Testing and Material standards (ASTM F2090-01A) and recognized by the U.S. Consumer Products and Safety Commission.
- Conforms to most local fire and building codes for egress type window guards.
- Meets Massachusetts building codes: 780CMR 3603.14.2.2 and 780 CMR 1010.4.
- Made in USA.
- Lifetime guarantee by manufacturer.
- For large quantity orders, allow three weeks for delivery. Express shipping available depending upon inventory.
See our Window Wizard above. We also print installation instructions. NOTES: Window guards do NOT substitute for adequate supervision. Child safety requires mature persons establishing and supervising children in a safe environment.
For unusual windows or for larger quantities of guards, fax specs or drawings to SafeHomeProducts.com.
- Window guards MUST protect the entire OPEN portion of window or panel for baby safety.
- No space greater than 4 inches is allowed according to ASTM PS 120.
- Use window stops (such as Super Stoppers) in conjunction with Window Guards for windows that open more than 22 inches.