2 Gallon Gravity Ceramic Water Filter for Safe Drinking W ater Anywhere
Emergency preparedness includes having safe drinking water. Use any any raw water source like streams, lakes and even puddles with this two stage gravity feed ceramic water filter with two Doulton ceramic "candles". When a safe water supply is disrupted, this 2 gallon capacity gravity feed water filter unit keeps your family safe. Use during earth quakes, floods, or other emergency situations. Add to your disaster preparedness supplies. Use when traveling in RV's or when camping. Quick assembly: nests for easy transportation.
To use, fill top container with raw water. Draw off filtered water from the lower container spout. Use filtered water for drinking, cooking, rinsing, etc. Filter capacity is hundreds of gallons: water quality dictated when filters need cleaned or replaced.)
The gravity water filter unit uses ceramic microfiltration and granular carbon for protection from bacteria, parasites, dirt, bad taste, etc.
- Gravity water filters consist of two canisters. The top container is filled with intrigue water which filters through two ceramic elements. Safe, filtered water collects in the lower chamber where the spigot is located. Draw off the water via the spigot and enjoy.
- Two ceramic candles filter water to help reduce harmful bacteria, cysts, chlorine, taste, odor, herbicides and pesticides.
- This High Tech Ceramic Filter System has silver baked into ceramic to inhibit bacterial growth . The ceramic protects the carbon inside from breeding bacteria, a problem with standard carbon filters.
- Compact, portable and simple to operate.
- Note: The first supply of filtered water should be thrown away, as it may contain a loose material wash from the filter elements.
- Clean filters by scrubbing the outer surface under running water with ScotchBright pad. NEVER use soap or detergent to clean the filter elements.
- No Water Pressure or Pumping Required.
- The Gravity Feed Filters reduce parasites, bacteria, chlorine, dirt, sediment, turbidity, bad taste & odor.
- Absolute filtration efficiency to 0.9 microns.
- Cleanable ceramic filters with granular activated carbon (GAC), just brush off dirt and sediment lightly.
- Lightweight and easy to assemble.
- Portable, may be used as a travel filter.
- GP2 Gravity Feed Water Filters hold up to two gallons of water at a time. It takes approximately 3 hours for 2 gallons to run through the filter. When 2/3 down it may be topped off. After water is filtered, remove filtered water for storage in another container. Up to 12 gallons may be filtered daily.
- High Grade Stainless Steel Housing.
- Recommendation: replace ceramic filters at a maximum of 600 gallons or 6 months which ever comes first. If source water is high in sediment and dirt, frequent cleaning of filters will extend filter life.
- Number of Doulton Ceramic Filters: 2.
- Output in gallons/24 hours: 8-12. (1/2 gallon per hour).
- Top Capacity: 2 gallons raw water.
- Bottom Capacity: 2 gallons filtered water.
- Dimensions: 19 1/4" High x 8 1/4" Diameter.
- One Year Limited Manufacturers Warranty.