|Electric and Propane Mosquito Trap Captures Biting Flies,Too |
Safe mosquito elimination
starts with this improved Koolatron MK12 mosquito catcher
, a mosquito control system
similar to the Consumer Reports highly rated
2003 Lentek Guardian Mosquito Trap
. The updated Bite Shield Mosquito Trap Guardian MK12FE
lures and captures biting insects
such as biting flies and no see-ums with out annoying inse ct zapper
sounds. Use this mosquito eradicator
all year round in tropical or sub-tropical climates or start mosquito control early to reduce the biting female mosquito population.
Built In Mosquito Attractants in BiteShield Guardian Mosquito Trap by Koolatron
CO2 from Propane conversion.
Controlled Moisture Release
Heat. Temperature (Thermal Imaging )
Exclusive Blue Light Lure
Airflow - Vacuum Fan
Plus 6th Optional Attractant: Octenol Cartridges.
Primary Features of the Lentek Guardian Mosquito Trap:
Lentek MK12FE Specifications:
Push Button Start Ignition
- Easy Assembly - No Tools Required
- Outdoor Wheels and Lock Down System for New Portability
- Protected Capture Cup
- Lighter Weight - 50% less than our 2003 models
- Durable Plastic Construction
Enclosed Flame System
For Outdoor Use Only
Standard Propane Tank lasts minimum of 3 - 4 weeks. ( In Iowa, one tank lasted from June through September. Turn on gas at tank for a minute or two below igniting,)
Optional Octenol Attractant (not included) : Recommended for Superior Results.
- Propane Life: 4 weeks of constant Use
- Power Input: 120V AC 60 Hz, 71W
- Power Output: 12V AC @ 4200 mA
Why buy a Lentek Mosquito Trap?
Allergic reactions to mosquito saliva can leave red bumps and severe itching. Mosquitoes can also transmit diseases and parasites including Eastern equine encephalitis, West Nile virus, malaria, yellow fever, dog heartworm, and dengue fever. Annually over one million people die from mosquito borne disease.
Help protect your family and pets from mosquitoes with the Lentek Mosquito Trap Guardian MK 12. Virtually maintenance free except for the propane tank and optional octenol attractant cartridges, the Lentek Mosquito trap
is an effective propane and electric powered mosquito control product.
All six proven mosquito attractants lure annoying, harmful insects away from areas you choose to protect. Once inside this mosquito magnet, mosquitoes, flies and other bloodsucking insects quickly die. Easy-to-assemble and weatherproof, this mosquito magnet trap is a powerful mosquito control device that covers a full acre of land. The Guardian mosquito trap requires a 20-pound propane tank (not included) and 120V AC power. ( Cannot be converted to 230V foreign use.) No harmful pesticides.
How The Propane and Carbon Monoxide Mosquito Trap Works:
A female mosquito senses the CO 2 and moisture from the gas burner from up to 40 ft. away. The mosquito flies toward this "breathing" creature. At about 15 ft, the female mosquito senses temperature like a living creature (thermal imaging). The MK-12 mosquito magnet has three different thermal-imaging systems:
Universities, state monitoring programs and researchers world-wide have used similar traps for years. The Lentek MK12 Mosquito Trap combines traditional mosquito trapping and the latest research findings about female mosquitoes’ natural hunting techniques. So this mosquito trap acts like a mosquito magnet, luring female mosquitoes and capturing them.
- Static thermal imaging. Constant warmth at the top surfaces of the trap's "neck" is like that of a living thing. Constant temperature and consistent heat waves attract mosquitoes closer.
- Spot thermal imaging: The mosquito trap's black dome-like surface warms at different points like a living body attracting the mosquito.
- Dynamic thermal imaging: The mosquito trap's internal heaters cycle on and off constantly imitating movement to the blood seeking mosquito. The mosquito tries to land on the black top looking for a meal and is drawn into the trap by a vacuum airflow from the internal fan. Once in the catch receptacle, the mosquitoes are trapped until they dehydrate and die.
Constant operation of your Lentek MK12 Mosquito Trap Guardian throughout the mosquito season gives the best results. Each female mosquito lays 100- 300 eggs or up to 3000 total during its life. Eggs hatch to maturity in 4 to 7 days. Female mosquitoes are most active between 50 and 95 degrees F. Locate the mosquito trap 30 to 40 feet down wind from the area to be protected and near busy and leafy plants without strong odor. Note: Intermittent or occasional use of this mosquito trap significantly limits effectiveness. Constant operation is recommended.
Lentek Mosquito Trap is effective against mosquitoes, no see-ums and other blood-seeking insects.
Lentek Mosquito Traps is a leader in the Mosquito Control Industry offering both 1-acre coverage and easy assembly. The Lentek Mosquito Trap attracts mosquitoes like a magnet without harmful chemical sprays.
Note: Add non-toxic octenol cartridges for exponentially improving performance with no-see-ums.
SAFETY OF USE :
1. Only use an outdoor extension cord having a 3-prong plug and receptacle that accepts the Mosquito Trap's plug. The Mosquito Trap has a 3-conductor cord and a 3-prong grounding type plug to fit a properly grounded outlet. Replace damaged cords.
2. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be greater than or equal to the electrical rating of the MK12 Mosquito Trap Guardian (120 Volt / 0.6 Amp). Use an extension cord with 16 gauge or thicker wire and that has a label stating it is suitable for outdoor use.