AlcoHAWK® PT500P Precision Breath Alcohol Tester with Printer Included
AlcoHAWK® PT500P is a DOT / NHTSA Conforming Breath Alcohol Screener. Hand-held alcohol breath tester w ith PT Core™ fuel-cell sensor: false positives virtually eliminated. Enhanced linear accuracy over traditional semi-conductor sensors. Simple menu-driven operation: quick,accurate screening for presence of alcohol up to 0.400% BAC. Features a large, easy-to-read back-lit LCD display. Note: Printer not shown in picture.
Use AlcoHAWK® PT500P for law enforcement roadside screening, corrections, probation officers, substance abuse clinics, boating, military, and many other areas of professional testing when fuel-cell accuracy and reliability is required.
AlcoHAWK® PT500P Professional Kit includes:
• Professional hard case with foam protection
• AlcoHAWK® PT Series Wireless Printer
• Two (2) AA batteries
• 10 individually wrapped mouthpieces
• Owner's Manual
• Quick Start Guide
• 1 year warranty
AlcoHAWK® PT500P PT Core™ Fuel-cell Sensor Technology Features:
- Electro-chemical fuel-cell detection system.
- Better linear accuracy away from the point of calibration
- Less chance of false positives from interfering substances such as ketones seen in conditions such as diabetes or people on fad diets
- Improved sensor life - PT Core™ sensor is designed to be robust and last for thousands of tests in fields such as Law Enforcement
- Easy-to-Read Large LCD Display
- Adjustable Blowing Time: Control the blowing time when testing subjects with poor lung capacity, such as a smoker, or for testing subjects with a large lung capacity, such as a high-endurance runner. AlcoHAWK® PT500P's blowing time is adjustable from 3 to 8 seconds.
- Temperature Display: Constantly displays the ambient temperature during use to help you operate unit during its optimal temperature range of 50° - 104° F (10° - 40° C).
- Warning Level Indicator: Audible and visual warning when a subject's BAC surpasses the adjustable BAC alarm point.
- Pressure Scan Sensor: Ensures user blows with enough force to start a test and continues to blow during the entire test.
- Wireless Printing Capability: Press a button and print test results to the AlcoHAWK® PT Series Wireless Printer.
- Automatic Pump: Simple one button sampling with no manual activation of pump required.
- Test Counter: Keep track of the number of tests run on the unit.
Menu Option Features in the AlcoHAWK® PT500P:
- Alarm Point: Reads “High” if the BAC reading exceeds the alarm point setting. Default setting is 0.020% BAC. Can change the alarm point from between 0.020%-0.080% BAC.
- Temperature Scale: Switch between Celsius (C) and Fahrenheit (F) for temperature display. Default setting is Fahrenheit (F).
- Blowing Time: Adjust the blowing time from 3 to 8 seconds. The default setting is 5 seconds. Five seconds is the standard time to obtain a proper sample.
- Convert Units: Use this option to change the unit of alcohol concentration shown for tests. You can choose between %BAC (U.S.A), g/L, or ‰BAC. The default setting is %BAC (U.S.A), the U.S.A standard.
- Test Counter: Keep track of the number of tests run since the counter was last reset.
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 5” x 2.63” x 1.25”
- (12.7 cm x 6.68 cm x 3.18 cm)
- Weight 3.6 oz (102 g) without batteries; 5.2 oz (147 g) with batteries
- Power Supply Two (2) AA alkaline batteries included
- Battery Life 200 tests
- Sensor Technology PT Core™ Electro-chemical Fuel-cell Sensor
- Warm-UP Time 10-20 seconds
- Blowing Time 5 seconds
- Recovery Time 5-10 seconds
- Operating Temperature 10 - 40°C (50 - 104°F)
- Detection Range 0.000 - 0.400% BAC
- Sensor Accuracy ±0.005% @ 0.05% BAC3
- Warranty 1 Year Limited Warranty
1. Estimates, results may vary.
2. Default setting, adjustable from 3-8 seconds.
3. Read owner’s manual before use to understand proper use, accuracy limitations, and calibration requirements.
4. This device is not to be used to determine if the subject is legal or able to operate any equipment or vehicle.