EIGHTY-NINE PERCENT OF CONSUMERS PREFER ONLINE SHOPPING TO STORE SHOPPING ACCORDING
TO PART II OF SURVEY BY ONLINE RETAILER SAFE HOME PRODUCTS
IOWA CITY, Iowa – (Dec. 11, 2007) – Safe Home
Products, an online specialty retailer of safety, health and environmentally-friendly
products for consumers and businesses, today announced the results of the second
part of their two-part national consumer survey on online holiday shopping. The
survey, titled “Holiday Shopping: Go Out or Go Online,” revealed consumers’
preferences of online shopping compared to shopping in a brick and mortar store.
“The results were overwhelmingly in favor of online shopping because of
convenience, value and variety,” said Barbara Staib, president of Safe Home
Products. “We already knew that our customers came to SafeHomeProducts.com
to find unique products not offered in stores, but we were pleasantly surprised
to see the extent to which consumers prefer shopping online over shopping in traditional
stores for their holiday purchases.”
The following seven questions were asked of U.S. shoppers:
- Do you choose online shopping for convenience?
- 96% of respondents said yes, they shop online for convenience
- Do you choose online shopping for price?
- 80% of respondents said they choose to online shop for the price difference
- Do you choose online shopping for the ability to research your buying decision?
- 91% of consumers use online shopping for research purposes
- Do you choose online shopping because products offered online can’t be purchased
- 77% of online consumers want to buy products online they cannot find locally
- Is online shopping easier than shopping at a physical store?
- 89% of respondents feel shopping online is easier than in-person shopping
- Do you plan to spend the less time shopping online as you do in person at the store?
- 78% said no, they will spend more time shopping online
- Do you feel you get a better deal online compared to purchases at a retail store?
- 71% of consumers feel shopping online gives them a better deal
About Safe Home Products
Safe Home Products, Inc. is a growing e-commerce reseller of consumer products
that improve safety, security, health and quality of life. Established in 1999 as
a woman-owned business, Safe Home Products serves over 100,000 clients worldwide
from its customer service and fulfillment headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa. Safe
Home Products offers over 5,000 products including carbon monoxide and radon detectors,
emergency preparedness equipment, environmentally-friendly cleaning supplies, pet
products, pest control solutions, and home medical equipment. The company ships
to all 50 states and U.S. territories and to most countries. For more information
about Safe Home Products or to place an order, please toll free (877) 358-0900
# # #
Editor’s note: Safe Home Products is a registered trademark of Safe Home