SURVEY INDICATES THAT U.S. CONSUMERS WHO SHOP ONLINE WILL DO MORE THAN 50%
OF THEIR HOLIDAY SHOPPING OVER THE INTERNET, ACCORDING TO ONLINE RETAILER SAFE HOME
95% of Survey Respondents Reported They Will Shop Online this Holiday Season
to Buy, Browse and Research Gifts
IOWA CITY, Iowa – (Dec. 4, 2007) – Safe Home Products,
an online specialty retailer of safety, health and environmentally-friendly products
for consumers and businesses, announced today the results of a national online holiday
shopping survey, “Holiday Shopping: How Consumers are Spending This Year.”
Safe Home Products chose to employ the two-part survey to identify the holiday online
shopping trends and actions of U.S. consumers who previously shopped online.
“We were intrigued that 95% of participants are planning to shop online
this year because it underscores the importance that the internet is playing in
today’s holiday shopping,” said Barbara Staib, president of Safe Home Products.
“It also shows that online shopping consumers found their experience with
internet retailers, such as Safe Home Products, convenient, satisfying and cost-effective
enough to return this year for holiday shopping.”
The survey results painted a positive outlook for online shopping in 2007. The
first four questions U.S. shoppers were asked are as follows:
- Are you planning to shop online this holiday season?
- 95% of respondents said they will shop online this holiday season
- What percentage of your holiday shopping will be completed online?
- 65% of those shoppers plan to do more than 50% of their shopping online
- Do you plan to spend more than $500 while shopping online this holiday season?
- 42% of consumers plan to spend more than $500 online this holiday season
- Will you go to the same online shopping sites you’ve used in the past or try new
- 85% said they would visit both old and new sites this season, while 4% said they
would exclusively go to new sites.
- Are you planning to spend more money this year while buying online compared to last
- 33% of consumers plan to spend more money this season online than last year
- Do you shop online while at work?
- 74% said no, they would not be shopping online at work
About Safe Home Products
Safe Home Products, Inc. is a growing e-commerce reseller of consumer products
that improve safety, security, health and quality of life. Established in 1999 as
a woman-owned business, Safe Home Products serves over 100,000 clients worldwide
from its customer service and fulfillment headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa. Safe
Home Products offers over 5,000 products including carbon monoxide and radon detectors,
emergency preparedness equipment, environmentally-friendly cleaning supplies, pet
products, pest control solutions, and home medical equipment. The company ships
to all 50 states and U.S. territories and to most countries. For more information
about Safe Home Products or to place an order, please toll free (877) 358-0900
# # #
Editor’s note: Safe Home Products is a registered trademark of Safe Home