O rthogel Cool Gel Relieves Minor Aches, Back Pain , Arthri tis and More
The 4 ounce jar of Orthogel
Advanced Cold Therapy Pain Relief Gel
with Ilex provides fast, deep penetrating, long lasting and soothing relief from minor aches, back pain
and joint pains in muscles and joints due to arthritis
, strains or sprains. Comparable to BioFreeze. Orthogel, a natural topical analgesic
, is available in tubes, jars, roll-ons, sprays, bottles and pump applicators.
Orthogel is an FDA compliant nonprescription drug in the class of topical analgesics used for the temporary relief of pain. Orthogel Cold Therapy Pain Relief
Gel is greaseless, stainless and has no lingering odor. Temporary pain relief typically lasts for at least several hours. How does Orthogel ease pain? :
Orthogel is a non steroidal product known as a counter irritant. The menthol and camphor work together to stimulate nerve endings on the skin to cause a sensation of cold. Ilex enhances the effect. This phenomenum of fooling pain with menthol has been used for hundreds of years to help treat mild to moderate pain.
How to Use Orthogel (per Loyola University Website Directions for Using Menthol/Camphor topical pain relievers):
- Use Orthogel only on unbroken skin. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this Orthogel.
- Apply a thin layer of Orthogel to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to.
- Do not use Orthogel with a heating pad or device unless your doctor tells you to.
What does Orthogel feel like?
Like you have applied an ice pack
to the entire region. After a period of time, the icy feeling goes away though the pain remains reduced or gone.
Is there an odor from Orthogel? There is a slight odor of menthol and camphor that dissipates fairly quickly.
How quickly do you feel effects and pain relief? Most people begin to feel the effects and pain relief in approximately 5 to 25 minutes after their first application.
How long does the pain relief typically last ? Relief generally lasts for hours.
How often can you apply Orthogel? This OTC topical analgesic pharmaceutical can be used twice a day.
What is the shelf life of Orthogel? Shelf life is three years.
Why choose Orthogel over other analgesic pharmaceuticals? Orthogel is not greasy, dries quickly, is easily massaged into painful areas, comes in a variety of sizes for economy and convenience and contains added ingredients to enhance its effect.
Orthogel 4 Ounce Jar Contains :
- ILEX : extracted from a holly shrub grown in South America and has been used by the Paraguay Indians to enhance the effects of their medicines for centuries
- Menthol 3.5%
- Camphor .2%
- PUREFLEX Glucosamine : supports the health of tissues that make up many of the body's organs.
- Boswellia Serratta : an ayurvedic herb with anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects.
- Curcumin : an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
- OptiMSM : natural sulfur-containing compound that is produced in the human body.
- Aloe : prevents skin dryness.
Vitamin E : natural anti-oxidant the body uses to neutralize free radicals.
Sizes Available: 5 gm foil packet, 3 oz. roll on, 4 oz. tube, 4 oz. jar , 4 oz. bottle, 16 oz. pump bottle, 32 oz. pump bottle, 1 gallon pump bottle.
WARNINGS: For external use only. Use only as directed. Avoid contact with eyes. If you are pregnant, nursing taking any other pharmaceutical product seek the advice of your health care professional before using this product. Do not use with other topical products. Do not use with any heating device. Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin. You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to menthol or camphor.